Bed and Breakfast Tips
• When planning to stay at a B&B it is almost essential to make reservations ahead. This is especially important on weekends and holidays.
• The time you call for the reservation is the best time to make your travel needs, accommodation interests and breakfast desires clear. Allergies to down pillows, a need for extra blankets, or beds for very tall people should be discussed at that time. Inform your host or reservation service of specific health problems, concerns about stairs or special dietary needs.
• Check-in time is usually between 5 and 7 PM. If you need to make different arrangements, make sure you ask ahead. It’s important to inquire about check-in and check-out times when you make your reservation.
• It’s a good idea to ask your hosts in advance for sightseeing ideas, restaurants etc. They are usually aware of the best around! Let them know the types of hobbies, sports, or food you enjoy, and you’ll be surprised how helpful a host can be!
• Most B&B hosts thrive on providing special touches that hotels just can’t do. Flowers, wine, or gifts can be arranged to be in the room when you arrive for special occasions. Dinner, limousine, or rental car arrangements can be made for you in advance; newspaper articles and brochures on things you are coming to do can be saved and placed in you room etc. Don’t be shy when you book, you’ll enjoy getting to know your host and it will help you enjoy your stay too!