Texas economy has grown on average 3.3% a year over the last 2 decades.
Why has Texas done so well relative to other states:
(1) Texas has rejected the economic model that now prevails in Washington.
(2) Texas stands out for its free market and business-friendly climate.
(3) Texas has no state income tax.
(4) Texas right-to-work laws do not impose unions on businesses or employees.
(5) Texas is open to global trade and competition.
(6) Texas's huge competitive advantages is its ongoing reform of the tort system, which has driven litigation costs to record lows.
(7) Texas wasn't hurt as badly by the housing crash as other states - Texas limited mortgage borrowing to 80% of the appraised value of a home.